Thursday, February 09, 2006

Water Fish

I know its a bad habit but I can't help being the water fish in my class...It's not my fault..really!!!!!

I always kena accused of things I didn't do, thus giving the whole class a BAD impression of me..All because the teachers misunderstand me and start "scolding"..

My close friends would remember the bad incident with my Physics teacher, and the incident of me parking my car in college...Well, something similiar happened today during stats class..I'm not as bad as to talk bad about them on the web so I will not use any names in this posts

I shall call it : The Stats Saga! (Lame eh?)



In our third and final term in A levels, we get to choose to either take Mechanics 1 (M1) OR Statistics 2 (S2)..Knowing that I will be futhering my studies in engineering so I happily went to M1 class this wednesday..Only to find out that the teacher there is really boring (well at least to me)..Its not that the way of teaching is boring..Its just that we learn the exact same stuff we learnt in Form 4 Physics, which is the 5 equations of motions, i.e : V = U + At , s = (u+v)/2 X T etc etc..For those non-science students out there, this is one of the MOST basic stuff you learn in physics..I didn't want to repeat those stuff all over again because we already repeated it in Physics unit 1 last term...So, I decided to go for the statistics class today..

Class was ok, the teacher was really enthusiastic and was always smiling throughout the whole class..In class, she started teaching the Binomial probability thing (Discrete Probability) that we've already learnt in Add Maths during Form 5, so I already know how to do some questions..Feeling bored, I decided to start on the questions that she gave in her notes..Not too long later, I finished it and started day-dreaming. Then she ask the whole class to do the question that I have already done..(the whole class takes out their calculator and starts to do their work)..A short while later, She passes by me and stopped right beside me and asked me why I didn't have my calculator out..Innocent me, who was still day-dreaming tried to answer but before anything but a very blur "errrrr" came out, she proceeded to tell me sarcastically (I dunno whether it was my imagination or for real..but I really think she was being sacarstic) that I don't need to use my calculator to do my work (she talked quite loudly actually..the front part of the class could hear our conversation)..she said some other stuff too...bla bla blahh...then she went to the front to show the working...

After finishing the working, she asked the class for the answer.. And I happily said out my answer(which was correc by the wayt..haha)!!..So she went like :

Teacher : ehh, you didin't even do your working, how you get the answer? Did you copy from your friend? (very loudly and sacarstically)

Me : *sweat*

Then later on, Hao-Wei (who was sitting beside me) told teacher that we actually were still deciding on whether to take M1 or S2..So she looked at me and said : " since you don't like to press calculator, you better not take S2..M1 may suit you better (again sacarstically but she was still happily smilling away)...Said in a way that gives you the impression that she doesn't want you to be in class...

Well, there's were still other stuff, but I don't find it that significant so I will leave the details out..Ya, I know what you are thinking..I'm a bit too sensitive and "Siu Hei" right??..well, maybe...Maybe not...But IMO If a teacher has a problem with you, the teacher should talk to you in private, not sacarstically tell you off in front of class..This incident is much less worst than the Physics teacher incident(5 times worst) and the car parking incident(10 times worst)..I was just innocently doing my own work and there she goes...

At the end of the class, I decided to take up Stats eventhough I gave her a first bad impression...Coz I felt that I shouldn't let this incident stop me from learning something new.

Ok..now to the serious stuff (not referring to my stats teacher anymore)...I dislike people who pretend to be very nice to you and help you do nice thing and everything but in the end they really don't like you and talk bad about you behind your back.(Again..I'm talking in general..not targetting anyone here..just my thoughts).. I mean, if you have a problem, come and say it out face to face and not talk bad or insult behind you..And also people who don't check properly and start accusing you of something you didn't do..I had an incident where there was this player in an online game accused me of hacking just because I was winning the game (i.e beating his team)..so I told him to check the replay and kindly apologise (by messeging me) if he finds out that he is wrong (sounds fair right?) if I am wrong, he can report me to the GM...Anyways, after the game, I checked the replay and found alot of proof that I really wasn't hacking (duh!!)..I waited but no msg came..and I never saw that guy online again..

People should really find out everything before they start accusing other people..If not, they would just be embarasing themselves..and the innocent people will be hurt because what the accuser(is there such a word?) said can't be taken back thus giving everyone a bad impression of the victim..If everyone just take 1 minute to re-think before accusing, the whole situation would be totally different..No one gets hurt, no one gets embarressed = to a nicer world to live in....Right??

P.S : I know this doesn't sound like my normal post, but I would like to share my thoughts and discuss these issues with everyone...

Good Day!! And God Bless!!



Web Site Counter
Web Counter

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I'm just your ordinary everyday guy.



Chatterbox




Friends

  • Aimee
  • Angel
  • Andie
  • Caleb
  • Chee Meng
  • Chor Mun
  • Esther
  • Gadiy
  • Heidi
  • Hao-Wei
  • Hoay Fern
  • Irvin
  • Isaac
  • Jack
  • Jez
  • Jessica
  • Jin Wei
  • Jirwan
  • Jolene
  • Joon Heng
  • Josh
  • June
  • Kuan Kit
  • Lizzie
  • Marie
  • Marcuz
  • May Jean
  • Michelle Marie
  • Michelle Yew
  • Nai Chen
  • Navin
  • Pearly Loh
  • Pei Li
  • Pei Wern
  • Pei Yi
  • Quan Yie
  • Sara
  • Sandra
  • Shamla
  • Shaun
  • Shaz
  • Shireen
  • Sook Mun
  • Szetoo
  • Tiffany
  • Tim
  • Wai Ken
  • Wuei Yunn
  • Yee Won
  • Yih Seng
  • Zhi Wei
  • Zhao



  • Links

  • Bleach
  • Damn Interesting.com
  • Guitar Tabs
  • How Stuff Works
  • Kenny Sia
  • One Piece



  • Archive

    August 2005
    September 2005
    January 2006
    February 2006
    March 2006
    April 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    June 2009
    August 2009
    September 2009
    November 2009


    Powered by Blogger

    joshuahum.blogspot.com