Monday, May 29, 2006

Montien Vs Prego

Sorry for the lack of updates these past few days. I've been busy lazing around at home.

Last Friday and Saturday, me and my family had the chance to try out some really fancy food in 2 great restaurants.

First of all on Friday, we met up with one of my dad's friend my Australia and decided to have dinner at Montien, a Thai restaurant. Its located directly opposite TMC in bangsar. The row where they turned all the big bungalows into restaurant.


I must say, the food there was simply delicous. Just imagine, deep fried prawns cooked till its crispy brown and dipped in a special sweet Thai sauce. And the best part was the fish. Those people who know me really well would know that you can't have the word "Fish" and "Jo-Shua" in the same sentance. Bad experience I tell you..Badddddddd.

Anyways, Montien decided to do what in my opinion every single restaurant that sell's fish should do. They took out all the bones and left the meat inside the fish. Yumm. Lazy people would love this.

The only thing that I didn't like was the desert. Who in the world serves rice + mango for desert. The mango was nice but it really was kinda wierd because you would be eating rice that is hot and mango which is chilled at the same time. So should this be a hot desert or cold desert. I don't know.

I prefer my deserts less confusing.

On saturday, we went to Prego at Westin hotel to have some Italian food to celebrate my sister's 16th birthday.

Wait a minute. Wasn't her birthday on the 7th of May? Its almost one whole month already.

Well, we've been pretty busy these past few weeks so we didn't get the chance to realy celebrate.

So here we are. At Prego, where everything was really fancy

Their menu

Their fancy forks and spoons that are heavier than bricks. Seriously.

Fancy bread.

Fancy water which cost us RM 20. Its a rip off I tell you! It doesn't taste any different than your normal water. Diamond water might even taste better.

Decorations. (Yes, I know I miss-spelled "Decorations" but I'm too lazy to edit it.)

Fancy Salt and pepper shakers.

The place was really dark. I was only equipped with my lousy handphone camera.

Here's some better quality pictures with my dad's camera.

Later on they gave us some plastic Prego tomatoes to put on our nose

Here's our tiny appetizer.

The food here is only available in Hobbit's size or smaller. Frodo and hobbit gang rejoice!

The Lasagna that I ordered was the best among the other dish that we ordered.

Ok, so hows the food in Prego compared to Montien.

Well, I personally prefer Thai food and I'm really not a big fan of Italian food. So, 2 thumbs up for Montien and 1 thumb up for Prego! But for the atmosphere and decorations, Prego without a doubt beats Montien. No, questions asked.

And of course, you guys know that I'm not crazy over fancy dining. I would't mind having dinner or lunch at any smaller restaurants, hawker stalls or even mamaks.

Okay or not Okay?

--------------

Wierd:

Me : Hey mom, I think I got flu. I'm gonna go exercise now.

Mom : Since you've got flu shouldn't you not go exercise?

Me : Ermm, I think its since I've got flu so I should go exercise.

Apparently we both see 2 very different doctors. Either that or one of us have been reading the wrong Biology textbook. Most probably me.

Anyways, I went for a 5km jog and felt much better after that.



Web Site Counter
Web Counter

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I'm just your ordinary everyday guy.



Chatterbox




Friends

  • Aimee
  • Angel
  • Andie
  • Caleb
  • Chee Meng
  • Chor Mun
  • Esther
  • Gadiy
  • Heidi
  • Hao-Wei
  • Hoay Fern
  • Irvin
  • Isaac
  • Jack
  • Jez
  • Jessica
  • Jin Wei
  • Jirwan
  • Jolene
  • Joon Heng
  • Josh
  • June
  • Kuan Kit
  • Lizzie
  • Marie
  • Marcuz
  • May Jean
  • Michelle Marie
  • Michelle Yew
  • Nai Chen
  • Navin
  • Pearly Loh
  • Pei Li
  • Pei Wern
  • Pei Yi
  • Quan Yie
  • Sara
  • Sandra
  • Shamla
  • Shaun
  • Shaz
  • Shireen
  • Sook Mun
  • Szetoo
  • Tiffany
  • Tim
  • Wai Ken
  • Wuei Yunn
  • Yee Won
  • Yih Seng
  • Zhi Wei
  • Zhao



  • Links

  • Bleach
  • Damn Interesting.com
  • Guitar Tabs
  • How Stuff Works
  • Kenny Sia
  • One Piece



  • Archive

    August 2005
    September 2005
    January 2006
    February 2006
    March 2006
    April 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    June 2009
    August 2009
    September 2009
    November 2009


    Powered by Blogger

    joshuahum.blogspot.com