Thursday, July 06, 2006

All About MP3

Woohoo!! Just got my new MP3 player!!!

Introducing the newest member to my family of gadgets:

Creative MuVo S200!

Everybody, meet Mp3 Player!

Mp3 Player, meet HP compaq nx 7010 laptop, O2 Xphone II etc etc..

I think my whole family is going Mp3 crazy.

First, my dad bought a Samsumg YP-F1 (512mb version) for himself:

Before redeeming a sony Mp3 player for my sis :

So, I was one happy guy! Testing out the various MP3 players. Tinkering with the settings, pushing the oh-so-nice-too-press-buttons, swaping ear phones, transfering stuff etc. I think its quite hard to understand, but to me, fooling around with gadgets is fun!

And with 3 Mp3 players!

Hoho!!!

Its like a kid who just found a fountain flowing with endless supply of orange juice!

So I'm gonna give my opinions on these 3 Mp3 players.

Firstly, the Samsung YP-F1




The first thing that struck me with this MP3 player is that it looks great! It can be used as a fashion accessory without looking too geeky. I mean, you can wear it around your neck and not worry of people giving you "that" look. For a RM 400 Mp3 player, the sound is great. In fact, I think the the sound is the best among all 3. You can really hear the "Dumm Chkk, Dumm Chkkkk" and "Booms" from the bass. The sound is clean. Mostly because the ear phone that came with the unit is the best compared to the other 2. Its light, pretty, sounds great, fashionable, almost everything you would want in a MP3 player.

The only downside is the price and its capacity.

RM 400 for a 512mb player?

Aduh. My Creative one was RM 300 for a 1Gb player!!

Price and capacity aside, this is one fantastic player. Get your lazy bums off that chair, stop reading my blog and go get one for yourself. NOW!

Best for people who don't listen to much music but like a good sound without spending another RM 50-100 for a good earphone.

Next up : Sony NW-E002

Well, this is one small MP3 player. If you drop it in the cinema, you'll probably never see it ever again. Very easy to misplace it. And the fact it doesn't have a hoop for your neck strag doesn't help. If you can't hang it around your neck, you'll probably put it in your pocket. And it being such a tiny and light MP3 player, you'll probably have a tough time looking for it. Did I mention that this thing is super light? I bet it weighs about half a feather. It has 1Gb of space which is just about enough for me, because I just transfer the songs I like and not the entire album. The sound is so-so. Though sometime the sound tends to abit blur.

So, for a MP3 that cost RM 0 because my dad used up his HSBC points to redeem this, it an ok MP3. But the thing that makes this player different than the rest is that it takes only 1 hour to charge for 28 hours of songs!

Whoahh! Thats fast!

Its like the Ferrari of MP3 players!

Last but not certaintly not the least : MY Creative MuVo S200

For a Mp3 that has a capacity of 1Gb which only cost you RM300, its a great deal! (Yeah, I know some "Chap-Pe-Lang" Chee Cheong Kai Mp3 costs much cheaper. But for value for money without compromising sound quality, the Creative MuVo S200 its still a good buy. Due to the fact that the flash memory (Those used in MP3 players such as this one) dropped alot, all the Creative players has become really cheap.

Yeah, I know this is not your Ipod Video/Ipod Nano/Creative Zen/Rio/Iriver mp3 players which have 30Gb of memory. But I don't really need that much space and I rather spend the money on other stuff. And the sound quality of the players isn't much different than the Ipod. Sure, the scroll wheel of the Ipod is really nice to play with and the white Ipod make you wanna drool everytime you look at it. But, the MP3 player usually stays in your pocket or bag so you won't be able to see it much anyways.


The the PLED orange display is just so nice to look at! Makes you wanna turn up and down the volume just so you can see the nice orange light.

There are 2 minor things I don't like about this player.

First of all the ear phone that came with this is bad! The quality is way poorer than theother players. So, you've gotta spend some more money getting a good ear phone for some good music blasting. Which makes you spending about RM400 instead on this player.

The other thing is that the bass isn't all that great. I like big "booms" in my music. And this player doesn't deliver as much as I'd expected it to. Maybe because its because of the ear phones. I don't know. (Yeah, I know I have fussy ears and they are hard to please)

Other than that, the music is clear, just the way I like it.

For an affordable MP3 with good music quality and so-so battery life, the Creative MuVo S200 is a must!

Ok, so now for the ratings:

For sound :

Samsung > Creative >Sony

For Price :

Creative > Sony + Samsung

For Looks :

Samsung = Creative > Sony

Oh ya, Samsung and Creative's player look so much nicer! And its because their shiny! And guys like anything thats shiny!

Look a cars!


So Shiny!

Handphones?




Shiny too!

Cool new sunglasses?



Shiny!

So the Oh-So-Shiny factor puts Samsung and Creative way ahead of Sony.

In the end, I can't really rank one player above the other because they all are meant for different purposes, to serve different people who have different tastes.

For the Samsung, its more like a fashion item that plays good music.

For Sony, its for people who want fast charging or long battery life.

For Creative, its for people like me who don't wnat to spend RM 1k for an MP3 player but still get a good quality MP3 player.

-----------

Its kinda stressful blogging with blogspot. I took me almost 1 hour to get to edit my current entry. And sometimes WHILE blogging, blogspot suddenly just redirects me to some page that saying there's some error. Needless to say, loading photos unto blogger is worse. Gotta rely on photobucket now.

Haihhh..Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?



Web Site Counter
Web Counter

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I'm just your ordinary everyday guy.



Chatterbox




Friends

  • Aimee
  • Angel
  • Andie
  • Caleb
  • Chee Meng
  • Chor Mun
  • Esther
  • Gadiy
  • Heidi
  • Hao-Wei
  • Hoay Fern
  • Irvin
  • Isaac
  • Jack
  • Jez
  • Jessica
  • Jin Wei
  • Jirwan
  • Jolene
  • Joon Heng
  • Josh
  • June
  • Kuan Kit
  • Lizzie
  • Marie
  • Marcuz
  • May Jean
  • Michelle Marie
  • Michelle Yew
  • Nai Chen
  • Navin
  • Pearly Loh
  • Pei Li
  • Pei Wern
  • Pei Yi
  • Quan Yie
  • Sara
  • Sandra
  • Shamla
  • Shaun
  • Shaz
  • Shireen
  • Sook Mun
  • Szetoo
  • Tiffany
  • Tim
  • Wai Ken
  • Wuei Yunn
  • Yee Won
  • Yih Seng
  • Zhi Wei
  • Zhao



  • Links

  • Bleach
  • Damn Interesting.com
  • Guitar Tabs
  • How Stuff Works
  • Kenny Sia
  • One Piece



  • Archive

    August 2005
    September 2005
    January 2006
    February 2006
    March 2006
    April 2006
    May 2006
    June 2006
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    June 2009
    August 2009
    September 2009
    November 2009


    Powered by Blogger

    joshuahum.blogspot.com